Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anguish

Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Delz

Delz

[Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock   [Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Basic Information

Name: Mattias Karlsson

Sex: Between bosses

Nationality: Swedish

Occupation: Technician at a paper mill, so I drink coffee and watch youtube videos.

Raid Related Information

Available raid times, how do you feel about extending raids? : I have no problem extending raids every now and then. On a progress kill I am more then willing to miss out on some sleep. Doing it every day for too long will probably have a negative impact on both my ingame performance as well as my real life obligations.

Character name: Hairydotterz

Class/Spec: Warlock/Affliction

Played time (main char): On this warlock 54 days. All in all, too scared to check.

Armory Link (make sure you are in PvE gear) :http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwhisper/Hairydotterz/advanced (Good bracer enchant comming tomorrow, friend is making it)

Character History

Previous Guilds - Why did you leave? go into details!:KoS (with different guildtags in different games) Still a member and play new games together etc when we have time but since it´s a US based guild it´s not something that will have an impact on me playing WoW here. Been playing casually on EU with RL friends and their friends off and on. Current guild Anonymous on Frostwhisper is run by a real life friend of mine who is an awesome guy and it pains me to not stick around and try harder to help out but with him going away on vacation for 6 weeks and having to raid where 3-5 people bother showing up on time and showing up prepared while the rest just show up once and if they get told to do simple things like read up on a boss, reforge their gear or gem and enchant (this is in a guild where the guildmaster actually pays for everyones gems, enchants, flasks, pots, reforges and people still can´t be arsed and it´s pissing me off since I have never before seen people get spoonfed like this and still fail)

Previous Raiding Experience (Write down all your previous experience not just the latest content)?

In vanilla I did MC, BWL, AQ20/40, ZG but missed Naxx 40 completely. TBC, everything cleared but not at a fast rate or any timely manner, WOTLK, cleared but not in a timely manner but rather the week before Cata iirc. In cataclysm I didnt do DS at all pretty much and wiped on Sinestra but never got a kill.

When did you start playing your character?: This warlock was created sometime in Vanilla I think and been on and off fooling around on it, playing with friends and some PvP, some pugging in WOTLK.

Please write a detailed list of your current alts and their armory links:
My current alts at lvl 90 are. Monk(WW/MW in crappy gear, just leveld him up to have a monk and try them out.) Retri paladin http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwhisper/Praeda/advanced (missing haste gem in legs) Rogue, Death Knight and Hunter. Since I have filled several roles in my current guild I got spread thin which sucks this early in to an expansion but it helped the guild and raid out so I didn´t mind.
Technical

Do you have Ventrilo and a microphone? Yes, I have most VOIP programs and a working headset (with 2 backup headsets of crappier quality just in case something goes wrong I will be able to switch headset within a minute or two)

Internet Connection (this is not a yes/no question..) ? Yes I have internet! One 100mbit line with Telia as ISP and for another month or so I have an extra 24mbit line with Comhem as ISP so right now my daughter used the 24mbit line and I use the 100mbit one.

Hardware? Feel free to add specs: Intel i5 CPU, 8gb ram, 28 inch screen, Razer Naga mouse, Logitech G11 keyboard, Razer Carcharias headset, Samsung 512gb SSD and an awesome Hello Kitty mouse at my daughters computer that I am able to use when I feel the need to just punch something pink during raiding.

Ul-screenshot, (https://imgur.com/) (link): ][Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock XFCEO[/url]

Other

How do you prepare for raids?: Chatroulette dressed as a sailor hoping for another sailor to help me "relieve tension" before the raid. Other then that I read up on tactics, watch videos both icy-veins ones, random youtube videos and of course I follow guilds like Vodka, Paragon, Method and others and watch their videos and streams because I enjoy the game and enjoy watching a well executed encounter. I check my inventory to make sure I have enchanting mats or enchanting scrolls of there is something I need that can drop so I am able to equip it (if I dont miss hitcaps etc), try to have gems on me for that very same reason. I read up on boss abilties and talk to people in guild about bossfights if possible to discuss the fight, mechanics and important stuff during progress.

Do you know anyone in the guild? I have talked to and done raidfinder with Reeplay, Nivada, Thisisaknife and Screez. I enjoyed the atmosphere in Skype and Vent while both talking with you guys and during the raidfinder.

Do you use key bindings (list them if you do)?:I use all my keybindings on my Razer Naga (12 buttons on the side=a complete extra action bar on my mouse) 2 extra buttons on the left side of the top of my mouse. I also use CTRL1-5,ALT1-5,F2,F3, tilde, EQFG and my mousewheel.

Please explain your play style(Rotation / Prio list): Prio depends on someone else providing magic damage taken debuff or not. On a normal bosspull prepotting on 1 (if tank uses timer) then CoE, Soulburn+Soulswap, Haunt, Malefic grasp. Keeping Agony up and stacked at 10 is the most important part of my rotation combined with making sure that CoE or another form of magic damage taken debuff. I refresh my dots at around 3sec duration left (I know I can do it earlier but it just feels wrong refreshing earlier then that) For AoE and trash it depends on pack, soulswapping to keep 2 targets dotted, SB+SoC, SoC spam if it´s a useless trashpack with just lots of mobs. When there are important targets that need to die first I SB+CoE,SB+SoC, then SB+Soul Swap, soulswap again then soulswap again on another prio target and continue single target rotation on the main target while keeping my SB+SoC refreshed on the minor adds. "edited" Cooldowns and trinkets macroed in to get all the benefits as much as possible along with my dots. Doomguard is used when appropriate meaning either during bloodlust or I cast him at when boss is at 20-25% to get the most out of him. I of course use defensive cooldowns as needed both to avoid raid mechanic damage and also to avoid dying when shit goes bad for some reason.

How do you keep updated on your class changes and theory crafting?: Elitist Jerks, World of Logs (checking logs from others to see if they do something different then me, checking their armory to make sure that the theorycrafting is actually used by the top dpsers in real raid situations) checking PTR notes. Talking with people and guildies

What do you think is important for maintaining a good guild and how do you approach this?: For maintaining a good guild from a raiding guild perspective I think there are several important aspects. The top things are guildmembers people being reliable, no guildmaster in the world can make a guild work if people don´t show up on time, do their job and show up prepared. It´s just common sense to not waste peoples time by showing up 20min late without a notice and forcing people to wait or waste time pugging, same goes for consumables and your own gear. If you´re not looking after your character noone else will either. It´s real people playing the game so showing your guild and raidmembers respect is important because having fun in and out of raids makes the game last longer and raids go smoother and more enjoyable. It´s also important to know when to laugh and fool around and when to put on your "gameface" and shut up and do your job imo.

Why do you want to join Anguish?: Because you are a fun bunch (at least the people I spoke with today) that takes raiding seriously while still having fun. You had just the right attitude to make me enjoy the game in and out of raids from the short time I spent in vent/skype with you. I also want to join you because I want to constantly improve and the best way to improve is to play with good people that challenge you. I want to compete with good dpsers (and I want to WIN) even though I can´t really beat you right now I would not go a single fight without doing my damn hardest to get as close as possible and not give up until I win. While I am competative when playing I don´t take it to stupid extremes or let it impact my playing in stupid ways (like not clearing debuffs, move out with fire, taking adds and the list goes on). I do make misstakes (not often and I don´t repeat them) and I want to get called on them the same way I would laugh at someone dying in a pool of fire or falling off the edge or any other stupid death.
Do you have any worldoflogs that you can refer to?: Sorry, not anything since WOTLK there.

Anything else you want to share with us? If you felt we missed something in the template, tell us here!:Think we talked about most stuff in vent and skype. But I´ll add it here as well. I am an easygoing person that love the game. I don´t rage about stupid stuff like not getting loot, losing rolls, having to be replaced for a progress boss due to gear/being a moron/having a bad day or whatever good reason the raidleader has. I don´t mind wiping at all during progress or otherwise as long as the wiping is justified, I do mind wiping for hours if it is because of stupid stuff like people just not caring which I get impression is not the case with you. I have an 8 year old daughter, steady job and I am very reliable. I use mobile armory and NEVER miss a raidtime unless something completely out of my control comes up and if that would ever happen I would tell the guild through mobile armory as soon as possible. I am not applying for the short run, if I would get accepted I am in it for the long haul and hopefully I fit in and everyone is happy etc.
Back to top Go down
Reeplay

Reeplay

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock   [Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Accepted, whisper in-game for an inv.
Back to top Go down
Thisisaknife

Thisisaknife

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock   [Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Mattias wrote:
or falling off the edge or any other stupid death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock   [Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock Empty

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Hairydotterz, Warlock
Page 1 of 1