Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anguish

Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
elegi

[Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. Empty
PostSubject: [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.   [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Basic Information

Name: Henrik

Sex: Male

Occupation: Currently a uni student, starting a job in the near future.

Raid Related Information

Available raid times, how do you feel about extending raids? : All your raid days/times suit me, if that was the question. As for other evenings, then I don't usually play on Fridays and Saturdays. I'm not exactly keen on extending raid-time, but if a kill is within reach, and that 30 min might be decisive, then I'm OK with it.

Character name: Caileyx

Class/Spec: Retribution

Played time (main char): Close to 35 days on this char. Around 320 all-in-all.

Armory Link (make sure you are in PvE gear) : Armory

Character History

Previous Guilds - Why did you leave? go into details!:

TBC: a casual native guild. WOTLK: left as the guild couldn't clear Togc25, and I was more than sure that things wouldn't go smoothly in ICC HC. Stayed there a bit less than a year. from ICC to early T11, until it split. Cata: . Two of the 10m groups are unable to fit in a ret paladin, and the third one doesn't meet my requirements. This is a nice guild in many ways, but at the end of the day, I play this game to raid, and I'm not going to sit around and wait for a raid spot to open.

Previous Raiding Experience (Write down all your previous experience not just the latest content)?

TBC: up to 6/9 BT a very casual level. Mainly raided Kara/ZA, Mag/Gruul with a bunch of friends. Tried some of the higher tier raids at the end of the expansion. Cleared TK, 3/5MH, and some BT (6/9). Raided on my rogue, Sugarx.

WOTLK: close to all of the hardmode content, including LK25HC. Only missed Anub25HC and Yogg+0. On rogue.

Cata: T11 (9/13 25HC), T12 (7/7 10HC with Rag kill in Nov'11), T13 (took a break for the tier due to studies, cleared 8/8HC when I came back to the game in Sep). On my DK, Sugarofc.

When did you start playing your character?: First char in Dec'07. This paladin, however, I levelled at some point in Wotlk. Never raided that much on it, though.

Please write a detailed list of your current alts and their armory links:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Sugarx/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Sugarofc/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Sugarxx/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Luminary/simple

...aaand some others.

Technical

Do you have Ventrilo and a microphone? Have Vent, yeah, no microphone currently, but willing to get one.

Internet Connection (this is not a yes/no question..) ? 50Mb/s, stable and rarely dc.

Hardware? Feel free to add specs:
i5 650, 4gb ram, GTX550.

Ul-screenshot, (https://imgur.com/) (link): http://endymion.juhe.ee/~henrik/okei.jpg

Other

How do you prepare for raids?: Read upon tactics and watch videos. Also keeping an eye out for class specific tips. In addition, make sure I have all the necessary consumables with me.

Do you know anyone in the guild? No.

Do you use keybindings (list them if you do)?: That's a pretty long list. In short: 1-5 for the main special attacks. Q and E, R, T, S, D, F, X, Y with alt and shift modifiers for personal cooldowns, heals, interrupts, etc.

Please explaine your playstyle(Rotation / Prio list): The idea is to create Holy Power charges with CS (HoR with 2-3+ targets), Judgement and Exorcism, and use them for 3cp+ finishers--TV for single target and DS for 2+ targets. Obviously, doing that while having 3cp Inquisition up. Cooldowns blown at the start of the fight, or when sudden burst is needed.

How do you keep updated on your class changes and theorycrafting?: EJ, Icyveins, MMO-champion, and all the other even remotely relevant sites.

What do you think is important for maintaining a good guild and how do you approach this?: Maintaining a healthy and functioning guild requires you to have like-minded people who value common goals as a guild. It's not only about passive participation, everyone should feel they have a part to play, and that they are rewarded for it, because at the end of the day, everyone is at least a bit selfish, no matter how selfless we portray ourselves.

Why do you want to join Anguish?: Mainly because of your raiding times (three-evening schedule). The progress, too, is alright, given the light schedule. =)

Anything else you want to share with us? If you felt we missed something in the template, tell us here!:
Don't think I missed anything. Thanks for reading. =)
Back to top Go down
Thisisaknife

Thisisaknife

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.   [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Henrik, thank you for your interest in Anguish. Your application will be reviewed by the officers and we'll have an answer for as soon as possible, Stay tuned.

/Thisisaknife
Back to top Go down
Blazer

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.   [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 am

I like your application it has all the needed information. I have one question for you, above you mentioned that you want to leave this guild because you want to raid and don't want to wait for a raid spot to open. Sometimes a boss fight may require certain raid set up and sometimes people are left out for that boss but may need to stay on stand-by for different tactics one can approach. If you are the one that has to stay on stand-by, does this mean that you may not stick around?

I am not really fond of retribution paladins so that's all from me.
Good luck in your application.

-Blazer
Back to top Go down
Nivada

Nivada

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.   [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 am

Hi there : )

From what I can see your stats prio is correct, although your reforging is a little bit off. You've also neglected to use the mass exo glyph, which is a must, as well as speccing Holy Avenger when both Divine Purpose and Sanctified Wrath is superior (not big difference until 4 set, when the cooldown on wings is reduced by 85sec).

You also really should look into getting Engineering as one of your professions since stacking the gloves tinkers with Execution Sentence is very good. I can also see that you got Alchemy, and therefor you should use the Alchemy trinket instead of Lessons of the Darkmaster (Trinket list)

Skimmed through some logs that your old guild had, while your avoiding awareness seems to be good according to your logs, the damage could be better, and I would advice you to get either CLCret, CLCinfo or any similar addon to help your rotation get better.

All in all I liked your application and wish you the best of luck, have a cookie

[Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. Happy_cookie_by_adc7516-d303ax3
Back to top Go down
elegi

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.   [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:01 am

Nivada wrote:
Hi there : )

From what I can see your stats prio is correct, although your reforging is a little bit off. You've also neglected to use the mass exo glyph, which is a must, as well as speccing Holy Avenger when both Divine Purpose and Sanctified Wrath is superior (not big difference until 4 set, when the cooldown on wings is reduced by 85sec).

You also really should look into getting Engineering as one of your professions since stacking the gloves tinkers with Execution Sentence is very good. I can also see that you got Alchemy, and therefor you should use the Alchemy trinket instead of Lessons of the Darkmaster (Trinket list)

Skimmed through some logs that your old guild had, while your avoiding awareness seems to be good according to your logs, the damage could be better, and I would advice you to get either CLCret, CLCinfo or any similar addon to help your rotation get better.

All in all I liked your application and wish you the best of luck, have a cookie

[Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. Happy_cookie_by_adc7516-d303ax3

Thanks for your reply!

I can agree with most of your points. However, like I said, talent points are mostly situational. c: The loss of range for Exorcism might not always pay off. You're right, though, when there are adds around, it could be worth taking.

And yeaaah, about the alchemy trinket. In a perfect world it's not bad at all, but I'd lose way too much expertise using it, maybe even to the point of getting nowhere near the cap; also, that way that I'd have to sacrifice an amount of haste via reforging back to some expertise. Even now, it's a pretty close call with that cap. =)
As for reforging, I'd have to do some more optimizing anyway, as I got a few upgrades meanwhile. What do you personally recommend for reforging, btw? Have noticed that Mr Robot and Wowreforge give rather different results which is a bit confusing. o_o

About the dps, in the worst logs I got to around 90% of the rank limit at the time of the kill, I think, with the best ones around 98% and 150%, considering I have only seen most bosses in MSV only once, I wouldn't say the dps is that awful, but then again, yeah, I know sky's the limit and there's always something you can improve on. I'm all with that.

And Blazer: no, not that, I don't even think that a 100% raiding spot as a melee is possible if there are more melee around, and the encounter doesn't favor melee AT ALL if you want to beat the enrage or whatnot. What I was saying that in Minc I currently have no raiding spot at all, and I'm not willing to just hang around and wait in hope that maybe ooone good day I'll have a shot. : / In short, what I expect is an active raiding spot, I can stay out whenever it's needed, obviously, just hoping it will not happen that often.

I can perfectly understand you not liking ret paladins, but then again, I believe that if you don't play the game to achieve world top 10 ranks (i.e. no extreme min-maxing), I think you have a lot more more room to play with with different classes/builds.

Sorry for the wall of text, haha.

Back to top Go down
elegi

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.   [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey. Just to inform you, I dropped my paladin after some pretty serious consideration in favor of a shadow priest (think I mentioned the char Luminary in my application). I don't know how does it affect the application, but if you have no need for a SP, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Clayton

Clayton

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.   [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi Henrik, sorry for the wait. We can't find an open spot for you in our core at the current time, so ill have to decline your application.

Thank you for your interest in Anguish and good luck with your future guild search.

/Clayton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.   [Declined]Caileyx, retribution app. Empty

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Caileyx, retribution app.
Page 1 of 1