Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anguish

Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Declined] Mage application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimzie

[Declined] Mage application Empty
PostSubject: [Declined] Mage application   [Declined] Mage application EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Basic Information

Name: Jonas

Sex: Male

Nationality: Danish

Raid Related Information

Available raid times, how do you feel about extending raids?:
I wouldn't mind extending the raid, as I'm most likely online till 00.00-00.30 anyway.

Character name:
Grimzie

Class/Spec:
Mage, currently I got both fire and arcane pve specc.

Played time (main char):
380 days, 5 hours - Embarrassing....

Armory Link (make sure you are in PvE gear):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/Grimzie/simple

Character History

Previous Guilds - Why did you leave? go into details!:
I haven't really been raiding in a guild before DS, and my first "proper" raiding guild was "easY".
I was an officer in easY, but I got offered a spot in Madhouse together with the GM of easY, and another DPS. We decided to accept this offer, because 3 people transfered off talnivarr.
My time in Madhouse ended after two weeks, because a few people went to Numen, and the guild kinda collapsed. People didn't want to raid anymore, and more moved on to join other guilds. This was the end for Madhouse.

Previous Raiding Experience (Write down all your previous experience not just the latest content)?
As I mentioned, I haven't raided in a guild before DS came out, but I've been doing some pugs:)
TOTGC 10: Cleared
TOTGC 25: 3/5
ICC 10: 11/12 HC
ICC 25: 11/12
Firelands: 6/7 HC - Best try on Ragnaros HC was with Madhouse (Was @ P4)
DS: 6/8 HC

When did you start playing your character?:
I started off in Vanilla as a paladin, but in middle of TBC, I rolled a mage. Since then my main have always been a mage.

Please write a detailed list of your current alts and their armory links:
Magedawgx: is my best geared alt atm, and is my only alt with "okay" PvE gear - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/Magedawgx/simple
Grimxd: Doesn't really have PvE gear - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/Grimxd/simple
All my alts is mages, and mage is the only class I currently got at level 85, I got 3 mages atm:)
Technical

Do you have Ventrilo and a microphone? Yes, I got a microphone and I also got Ventrilo.

Internet Connection (this is not a yes/no question..) ?
My internet connection is alright, I usually got 30-40MS when I'm playing World of Warcraft.

Hardware? Feel free to add specs:
Aspire M7720
Intel Core i7 CPU
2,67 GHz
4GB ram

Ul-screenshot, (https://imgur.com/) (link): https://i.imgur.com/x0JCx.jpg

Other

How do you prepare for raids?: If it's a new boss, I will watch a video for following encounter. I always bring my own food (I don't like eating other peoples food, I prefer my own food). Beside that, I will always have potions and flasks prepared.

Do you know anyone in the guild? I guess most of you know, who I am, as I tagged along for Ragnaros Heroic. Beside that, I'm not too sure, I suppose I might have spoken with some of you:)

Do you use keybindings (list them if you do)?: Yes, I do use keybinds, be prepared for spam.
1 - Scorch
2 - Fireball
3 - Iceblock (Always had this, because of PvP)
4 - Fireblast
5 - Frost Nova
6 - Cone of Cold
Mouse scroll down - Living Bomb
Shift 2 - Focus Counterspell
G - Dragonbreath
V - Focus Sheep
X - Blast Wave
Shift 3 - Pyroblast
Shift 4 - On use trinket (If I'm using one)
Mouse Button 5 - Combustion
Shift 1 - Extra Button (Dream on madness for an example)
Shift 5 - Evocation
Shift V - Healthstone
F - Flame Orb
Shift W - Counterspell
Shift X - Blizzard
Shift F - Spellsteal
Mouse scroll up - Blink
C - Flamestrike
R - Sheep
Shift R - Ground Mount
Shift C - Potions
Shift T - Ring of Frost
Shift E - Invisibility
Shift Q - Mirror Images
Shift S - Remove Curse
Shift D - Mana gem
Shift A - Mana shield
Shift G - Quick Iceblock
Ctrl 1 - Mage Ward
Shift Space - Armor swap (Macro)
Ctrl space - Frostbolt (Used to be fireball, when I PvP'd)
Ctrl 3 - Slowfall
Ctrl Mousebutton 4 - Arcane Blast
Ctrl S - Arcane Explosion
Ctrl 5 - Time Warp
Z - Flying Mount
Ctrl F - Focus Spellsteal
Ctrl R - Eating food
Shift Y - Bandage
Ctrl 4 - Wand
Ctrl 2 - Focus Fireblast
Y - Will of the Forsaken
< - Disgusting Oozeling (Im loving it)
F2 - Flask
Mousebutton 4: PUSH TO TALK Smile

Please explaine your playstyle(Rotation / Prio list):
1) Potion + Pyroblast as the pull goes off.
2) Living Bomb (Keeping it up all the time)
3) Fireball
4) Pyroblast (when I got Hotter Streak proc)
5) Scorch (If I have to move out of something, move while casting ftw)
6) Combustion when every dot is up (Pyroblast, Living Bomb, Ignite (preferable with crit))
I use flame orb and mirror images, when it's off CD. Sometimes I also cast a pyroblast, if I don't crit and I need my combustion up to AoE adds down quicker (For an example on Yorsajr Black Phase)

How do you keep updated on your class changes and theorycrafting?: I speak to friends and read on forums.

What do you think is important for maintaining a good guild and how do you approach this?:
I think it's important to have fun while raiding, so it's important to have fun with the people you raid together with. It's gonna be some really long raiding days, if you don't have fun while raiding. I myself think I have a good sense of humor, and I don't mind people making fun of me (Aslong as it's fun and not retarded). I will most likely throw a few jokes out here and there aswell, if people don't mind. If some people don't want me to make jokes bout them, I will stop immediately.

Why do you want to join Ascension?: I've been thinking about applying since Madhouse decided to stop raiding. I made my final decision, when I joined you guys on Ragnaros HC, it sounded like you all had fun while raiding. And to be honest, that's how I want it.

Anything else you want to share with us? If you felt we missed something in the template, tell us here!: I don't know how you guys have it with PvP'ers, some guilds are scared they only join for loot and so on. I don't wanna hide that I'm a PvP'er and have always been a PvP'er (This is why I haven't been in a raiding guild before now, and is also why I got so many mages). PvP started to bore me, so I decided to stop PvP and do PvE instead. So there's no reason to worry about me leaving the guild, as soon as I get the BiS PvP gear from PvE. I will also reforge/gem and enchant my gear for PvE and not PvP.
Back to top Go down
Thisisaknife

Thisisaknife

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Mage application   [Declined] Mage application EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi Jonas, thank you for your interest in Ascension. Application look good, gear is solid and so is your DS heroic experience aswell. The officers will review your application and we'll have an answer for you as soon as possible, stay tuned Smile

/Thisisaknife
Back to top Go down
Grimzie

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Mage application   [Declined] Mage application EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Sounds good. Please say, if you have any questions, or if I forgot something Smile
Back to top Go down
Redbull

Redbull

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Mage application   [Declined] Mage application EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:58 pm

what tha fuck! why the hell do you have 3 mages?! 2 maybe...but 3?!!! damn that's the first time i'm seeing so much love towards mage Razz
Back to top Go down
Grimzie

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Mage application   [Declined] Mage application EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Sometimes I wish, I would get a dollar for everytime someone told me that:)
.. I would be rich, hah!
In the PvP world, a lot of players have multiple chars of the same class, maybe not 3, but quite a few got 2:) (I actually had 4 mages Razz)
I deicded to make more mages, because a lot of people were interrested in playing arena with me:) - I don't know if that makes any sense, but that's how it ended Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thisisaknife

Thisisaknife

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Mage application   [Declined] Mage application EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi again Jonas, sorry for the long wait. At the moment we are not able to fit you in our core group. Therefor ill have to decline your application for now. Good luck in your future guild search Smile

/Thisisaknife
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Mage application   [Declined] Mage application Empty

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Mage application
Page 1 of 1