Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anguish

Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Declined] Mage Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Castella

[Declined] Mage Application Empty
PostSubject: [Declined] Mage Application   [Declined] Mage Application EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Basic Information

Name: Sebastian

Sex: Male

Nationality: Sweden

Raid Related Information

Available raid times, how do you feel about extending raids? : I raid with my main in the top horde guild of Emerald Dream on wednesdays, sundays and tuesdays between 19:30 and 23:00. I realise this greatly conflicts with the raiding schedule of this guild, but my goal is not to be a part of the core raid team as of now.

Character name: Castellaa

Class/Spec: Mage, currently fire specced.

Played time (main char): 137 days between 2006 until spring last year, about a year ago I rerolled a shadowpriest on Emerald Dream due to my GF playing there. I have since then year played 35 days on my priest.

Armory Link (make sure you are in PvE gear) : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/Castellaa/simple
My priest: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Castella/simple

Character History

Previous Guilds - Why did you leave? go into details!: I started my mage out on Lightnings Blade, where I spent most of vanilla leveling it. During the Burning Crusade I transferred to Vashj where I was part of the core raiding team of Vera Illumination, one of top PvE guilds of Vashj at the time, clearing everything up to and including Felmyst in Sunwell before the nerf. Just before Wrath of the Lich King arrived I moved to Talnivarr due to my brother transferring here because of the PvP community. I joined a casual PvE guild here which name I cannot recall, and around the time of TotC I moved on to another casual 10 man PvE guild called CrItTerS in which I stayed until early cataclysm when I rerolled to Emerald Dream.

Previous Raiding Experience ? I didn't raid during vanilla. During BC however, when I raided with Vera Illumination, I cleared everything there was to clear with the exception of TK and about half of SSC up to Felmyst in Sunwell. In WotLK I raided casually with my guild clearing every raid in the expansion except for the last half of Ulduar. At the end of the expansion me, my brother, and his gladiator friends usually went ICC10HC and ended up cleared it weekly for a month or two before cataclysm hit. In this current expansion I've raided most content, fully clearing everything on normal of course. I've cleared about half of BWD on heroic mode, and all of BoT except Sinestra. I never went Tot4W heroic. Firelands I've cleared 6/7 hc and 7/8 hc as of now in Dragon Soul.

When did you start playing your character?: In 2006

Please write a detailed list of your current alts and their armory links:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Castella/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Diinozawr/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/Mpfive/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/Diinozawr/simple

Technical

Do you have Ventrilo and a microphone? Yes

Internet Connection (this is not a yes/no question..) ? 8Mbit/S broadband

Hardware? Feel free to add specs: I built my computer myself no more than 6 months ago, it won't be causing any problems whatsoever. Intel i7 cpu, GeForce GTX 560 video card etc.

Ul-screenshot: I don't have a screenshot of my UI atm, however I'm the main person frapsing progress raiding in my guild on Emerald Dream, so take a look at one of videos if you want to view my UI. It should be linked at the bottom of this application.

Other

How do you prepare for raids?: I always restock on supplies like food buffs, on-use potions, and flasks well in time before raids. Usually carrying around pots and flasks enough for several raids in advance.

Do you know anyone in the guild? No

Do you use keybindings (list them if you do)?: Almost all of my spells are keybound, with the exception of hearthstone and portals I guess. Are you serious about listing all my keybinds? Surprised (q, shift+q, e, shift+e, r, shift+r, t, y, f, g, caps lock, <, z, x, v, ö, §, 1, shift+1, ctrl+1, alt+1, 2, shift+2, ctrl+2, alt+2, 3, shift+3, ctrl+3, alt+3, 4, shift+4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, +, ´, ,, ', ¨, ä, å.

Please explaine your playstyle(Rotation / Prio list): Listed in order of priority (most important being first) Using combustion on cd as soon as a suitable situation arrives (living bomb, ignite, pyro dots are up, if possible also when trinket procs and/or BL are/is active), obviously saving it for aoe if the fight includes it. Pyroblast on every Hot Streak proc. Flame Orb on cd. Living Bomb up as constantly as possible. Keeping Critical Mass debuff up. Fireball spam. - This is for single target dps.

How do you keep updated on your class changes and theorycrafting?: I take a look at the official wow-europe class forums every now and then, on my shadowpriest I also check www.shadowpriest.com occasionally, especially when new content and/or patches are released.

What do you think is important for maintaining a good guild and how do you approach this?: I think it is important to be open minded, have a healthy sense of humor and "to always take what you see or hear with a grain of salt" as we say in Sweden. Personally I try not to judge people too much after receiving my first impression of the person and try to get to know them better before deciding on what I think about them.

Why do you want to join Ascension?: I am looking for a guild full of knowledgeable, skilled and social PvE'ers on Talnivarr whom I can join alt runs and have a good time with when I'm not raiding on my priest, I suppose it is an attempt to come back to my characters on this server, probably partly because of the dying community of Emerald Dream.

Anything else you want to share with us? If you felt we missed something in the template, tell us here!: Here is the video of my guilds Ultraxxion 10 heroic kill I was talking about, watch it to view my UI and playstyle.

Also, although I am primarily interested in PvE, I occasionally PvP too, I'm not too serious about it, but I've been playing around at about 2200 rating with friends, just for fun. Thought I might as well mention it.
Back to top Go down
Thisisaknife

Thisisaknife

[Declined] Mage Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Mage Application   [Declined] Mage Application EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi Sebastian, thank you for your interest in Ascension. Your application is good, and your experience is okay. However, Ascension is not interested in recruiting someone that plays they're main on a different realm, basically your alt. This is due to that your main get the priority and your main guild have the same raiding days and hours as we do, and we'd basically feel that we just would be boosting and gearing you up, wich we're not interesting in doing. Im aware that you mention that you apply to us only to come for alt raids, but we don't recruit people for that.

Based on these terms ill have to decline your application. Good luck in your future guild search.

/Thisisaknife
Back to top Go down

[Declined] Mage Application
Page 1 of 1