Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anguish

Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Declined] Hunter application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Markha

[Declined] Hunter application Empty
PostSubject: [Declined] Hunter application   [Declined] Hunter application EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Name: Artur

Sex: male

Nationality: german

Available raid times, how do you feel about extending raids? : I do have the luxuary to plan out my working life and RL responsebilities if I have some pre-warning about it. That said Muffingt who I spoke to ingames advertised Wed, Thur + Sun which are all good to me. I spent 2-4 days raiding in my old guild on our prime, those raids usually lasted till 01:00 AM my time and I m known to stay even longer. I try not to make extending a habit tho especially if its going past midnight every time as my health suffers in the long run (whoever says he isnt is a liar ^^ )

Character name: Markha

Class/Spec: survival orkish Hunter

Played time (main char): +101 days

Armory Link (make sure you are in PvE gear) : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Markha/advanced

Previous Guilds - Why did you leave? go into details!:
I dont as much leave my guilds as turn off the lights really. I m usually the last member to go. Loyalty is what I like to call it but who knows? Smile Anyway its always the same routine. People burn out and leave for a couple of months or a new game comes out drawing raiders away leaving the rest unable to do anything. Frustration and boredom increases after a time people log in less and less or look for a new home. My current guild who I am an officer in is stripped to the bone right now. Me and my wife are about the only ones logging in these days and I finally got it into my head that this wont recover.

Previous Raiding Experience (Write down all your previous experience not just the latest content)?
I never raided in vanilla even tho I wanted, call me shy. My first raiding experiences happened in The Burning crusade but when that expansion ended I was still struggling in Black temple with my guild. WotLK started and I was in a raiding guild when it did so I saw everything during that time including a LK kill (not heroic tho). I first picked up raiding in Cataclysm a monther after its release I think, saw everything in it tho.

When did you start playing your character?: I created Markha when this last expansion hit the shelves (I think....its a lil foggy to be honest but I remember leveling him up when Cataclysm hit)

Please write a detailed list of your current alts and their armory links: you are asking a lot but I ll post a few of my alts in the following post

Do you have Ventrilo and a microphone? yes, I tend to be rather silent on teamspeak tho, I do speak english but as its not my mother language it can be kinda embarassing when in an english guild Smile

Internet Connection (this is not a yes/no question..) ? DSL 16k sounds about right? I have a pretty stable connection if thats what you wanne know

Hardware? Feel free to add specs: you should be aware that I am really not a tech person so a prozessor or graphik card name doesnt lighten my eyes really. Reading from my system file:
AMD Phenom (tm) II X6 1100T Processor 3,3 GHz
8 GB RAM 64 bit
AMD Radeon HD6900 Series

Ul-screenshot, (https://imgur.com/) (link): https://imgur.com/1XNGd

How do you prepare for raids?: well I m usually online 15-30 minutes early, depending on the raid I try to get there in advance. I m always stocked on flasks and food. Reading up on fights or watching a video in advance is normal even tho a lot of my raiding was done by ingame-learning without any preperation in advance (the most funny way in my opinion) nevertheless, it usually comes down what the guild demands of course. I adapt very well to my environment Smile I can garantuee you that I ll never be afk to "eat" Smile

Do you know anyone in the guild? no

Do you use keybindings (list them if you do)?: I guess you mean macros the ones important for raiding would be....
- trinkets and minor power-ups linked to my rotation abilities, I trigger my big CDs manually
- distract either going to my pet or to a player of my choice

Please explaine your playstyle(Rotation / Prio list): Always opening up with Serpent Shot, Explosive Shot, Black Arrow then spam Steady Shot and dump focus via Arcane shot, keeping black arrow up and using explosive shot on cool-down. Multi-target fights I simply spam Multi-shot but having an explosion trap on the group is a priority if the fight doesnt shift too much, those ES procs are too valuable to not do it, also ice trap if targets are vulnerable to movement impairing effects (for yet more procs)

How do you keep updated on your class changes and theorycrafting?: I read patch notes and am reading a lot on the official forums, once I specifiy a problem or a point of interest I have a platora of other websites I can go to for detailed informations. Depending on the changes I either try out new combinations or abilities during my daily routines or sit down and get to work on those target dummies.

What do you think is important for maintaining a good guild and how do you approach this?: a guild based on loot and progression alone is in my eyes pretty much doomed from the start. Attendance and progression changes, there might be bottlenecks in raids. The "normal" problems arising during raiding are best mastered with a solid sense of community and yeah lets just say it....friendship. If you consider your fellow raiders as real humans you can trust and who you like then dying and wiping will be less frustrating and you ll find yourself logging in to do stuff even if no raid is scheduled. Relationships form over time, they do so automatically so the "only" thing that should be supported is activity the rest is basic human behaviour.

Why do you want to join Anguish?: Its about what I want from the game really. Starting yet another alt isnt tempting to me at all, I m sick of the daily grind and even the raids themselves are pretty boring. What makes the game fun to me is experiencing it with same-minded friendly people (if possible adults) who like to group up to tackle down encounters with teamwork. Years ago you could keep yourself busy with the world quests whicih were pretty hard or by PvPing but nowadays the game is so easy and PvP is filled with so many botters that the only thing thats really attracting anymore is raiding. Finding the right bunch of people for raids to be fun is the challenge. I m giving Anguish a try to see if it could be a new home for me (if you wanne have me that is....)

Anything else you want to share with us? If you felt we missed something in the template, tell us here!: I am known to play the game extremly, being on every day for 10+ hours, giving peak performance not only on raids but in 5man HCs or on grinds as well. That is not the norm tho. I do so when I enjoy the game. WoW is not a job of mine.
I always stayed away from so-called "hard-core" guilds because I refused to perform above-mentioned tasks on command but the last year or so showed me that I am usually the most hard-core member of my guild and that many "hard-core" guilds are a bunch of capable people who just wanne progress further and not a militarized gang of bullies asking for the impossible.
Back to top Go down
Markha

PostSubject: current active alts   [Declined] Hunter application EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:13 pm

my bad, I thought you wanted a list of ALL my alts, that would ve been a task in its own hehehe

Currently I spend time on

Bustah - elemental shaman http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Bust%C3%A5h/advanced
Pauah - fire mage http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Pauah/advanced
Sinistah - affliction warlock http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Sinistah/advanced

I m not bragging but I played every class and role in the game with one exception which is the deathknight, 82 was the max before I lost interest.
Back to top Go down
Blazer

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Hunter application   [Declined] Hunter application EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:37 pm

Hey Markha, good to see your application...

All I want to say is that this is a well written application and wish you good luck!

The guild officers will have a look at your application Smile

Again, good luck
-Muffinqt
Back to top Go down
Markha

PostSubject: Keybindings   [Declined] Hunter application EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 pm

I didnt thing you guys were serious about the actual keybindings but reading a few of the other applications it seems you are........oh well I m spamming my own thread +1 me

Move: W A S D or sidestep with right clicked mouse

1- explosive shot
2- concusion shot
3- Serpent Sting
4- wyvern sting
5- Multi Shot
6(q)- Kill shot
7(middle mouse)- wing clip
8(e)- arcane shot
9(front mouse)- stance swap Hawk/Fox
10(back mouse)- Steady Shot
11(f)- mend pet
12(x)- freezing trap

A1- disengage
A2- ice trap
A3- explosive trap
A4- feign death
AQ- masters call
A5- deterrence
AX- black arrow
AR-scatter shot
R- tranquilizing shot
AF- distracting shot
A^- Hunters mark
^ trap launcher

C1- snake trap
T- rapid fire
V- misdirection
B- flare
AE- self-healing or consumables
G- misidrection to pet

everything else I click
Back to top Go down
Nivada

Nivada

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Hunter application   [Declined] Hunter application EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi : ]

Quick question, why have you choose to go agility enchant on your cloak and your gloves instead of crit and mastery? I would also advice you to go Assassin's Step on boots instead of Major Agility, the run speed increase is more worth than 10 agility.
Back to top Go down
katsuu

katsuu

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Hunter application   [Declined] Hunter application EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Markha wrote:
everything else I click
NOOOO WAAAAAAY????
Back to top Go down
Markha

PostSubject: .   [Declined] Hunter application EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:06 pm

agility has proven to be more valuable to me then crit especially as 50 crit doesnt really do much at 85. I was thinking about assassins step but a training session with it on dummies didnt provide any solid imrpovement so I opted to stay with the old set-up.

As for the clicking part, you do have the complete list. Abilities I click are usually ones I rarely ever used since I hit 85. If you want to know about a specific ability feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Thisisaknife

Thisisaknife

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Hunter application   [Declined] Hunter application EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:13 pm

We currently do not have an open spot for you. Declined.

/Thisisaknife
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Hunter application   [Declined] Hunter application Empty

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Hunter application
Page 1 of 1