Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anguish

Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Survival Hunter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mindfall

Survival Hunter  Empty
PostSubject: Survival Hunter    Survival Hunter  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 am

Basic Information

Name: Denis Johansen

Sex: Male

Nationality: Denmark

Raid Related Information

Available raid times, how do you feel about extending raids? : Fits me like a glove, at this time I have no obligations that would restrict my attendance, and I have no problems with whatever guild management decides, in the name of progress

Character name: Astema

Class/Spec: Survival

Played time (main char): Hunter: 117 Days - Priest: 144 days - Account wide: 405 days .

Armory Link (make sure you are in PvE gear) : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Astema/simple

Character History

Previous Guilds - Why did you leave? go into details!: This is a transfered character, I have been playing on Bloodhoof EU, allmost since WoW release. I transfered to Draenor, to join a real life friend, in the all Danish guild: Envious, which is now falling apart. We didnt get through much of the current content, due to guild drama etc.

Previous Raiding Experience (Write down all your previous experience not just the latest content)? Classic: ZG - MC - Ony - AQ20 TBC: Kara - Gruul - ZA - TK - SSC - BT Wotlk: Naxx - EoE 10/25 - OS 3D 10/25 - Uld10 (some hardmodes) - Toft 10/25 - ICC 10/25 9/12hc (Got horde first/Bloodhoof PP 25HC kill) Cata: I started loosing my interest in raiding, so up untill now, my raiding progress has been somewhat dead - I did manage to clear 3/5 BoT - 6/6 BwD HC - Tot4W 2/2 - FL with some HCs, and DS 6/8HC aswell, but nothing to exiting - MoP: MSV 3/6

When did you start playing your character?: I have played a few different toons up though the expansions, but this hunter was actually me very first character, so I have been playing this class for about 8 years on and off

Please write a detailed list of your current alts and their armory links: Priest: This is the character that I have been raiding the most with, I was a pretty decent Holy Priest, and healed high end raids for about 4 years, this is also the character that I used to max out all my secondary proffesions, as for now he's currently in a deep sleep^^ http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Naon/simple
Other than that, I have played allmost every class at max level, but only my hunter has been leveled up fully, in this expansion. So I dont see the point in throwing in anymore armory links, I ofcouse will do so if needed.

Technical

Do you have Ventrilo and a microphone? Indeed I do.

Internet Connection (this is not a yes/no question..) ?
Survival Hunter  2362725856

Hardware? Feel free to add specs:
Survival Hunter  Awdaw

Ul-screenshot, (https://imgur.com/) (link):
Survival Hunter  Wowscrnshot113012110814

Other

How do you prepare for raids?: I have this little thingie I do to get tactics burned into my brain, I sit down, watch the vids etc. And write it all down on a piece of paper, that way (atleast for me) it sticks.

Please explain your play style(Rotation / Prio list): Well theres not really much to the Survival hunter rotation, keep Sting and arrow up, and its pretty much just a walk in the proc park, I try to keep my DPS maximized at all times, now with ability to cast Cobra Shot while moving, without having to throw on Aspect of the Fox, that part has gotten alot easier aswell. Then ofcourse I try to stay as mobile as possible with the proper use of Disengage, and the good old "Hunter jump shot" which pretty much was a must to have down back in the classic days, atleast if you wanted to get the epic MC Hunter quest done.

How do you keep updated on your class changes and theory crafting?:[ I try to stay updated with Elitist Jerks posts, Hunters Union (great Hunter site, sadly it hasnt been updated in a while) basicly im pretty good at abusing Google and Youtube aswell

What do you think is important for maintaining a good guild and how do you approach this?: In my opinion keeping a nice, mature, and friendly atmosphere within the guild is prio! Dedication from each and every person in the guild, who wants to be considdered a raider is also very important! Theres nothing more annoying than people showing up, not knowing whats going down, havent read up on tacts, seen the vids etc. Pots, foods and so on, can be accounted for, but just logging in, thinking that you can wing it, is very bad kharma in my opinion! Just a lil' nerd rage on my behalf there^^

Why do you want to join Anguish?:[ I have gotten the raiding spirits back, after the Cataclysm disaster pack (hmm) And I simply checked server progress, read a few forums, guild information and so on, and basicly choose to post an app with the guild which name I liked better, might aswell be honest, cause as I said, I have absolutely no XP on this server.

Last edited by Mindfall on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delz

Delz

Survival Hunter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Hunter    Survival Hunter  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 pm

How come you are gemmed for hit while being overcapped? A suggestion would be to use a reforge addon or www.askmrrobot.com for easy reforge/gemming.

Back to top Go down
Mindfall

Survival Hunter  Empty
PostSubject: !   Survival Hunter  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Those 2 Gem's were placed very early on, when I wasnt over capped, I simply left them there to fill out the socket bonuses, also with the mindset that they would be replaced with upgrades in the near future. But ofc in the spirit of fully maximizing my toon, they will be replaced!
Back to top Go down
Blazer

Survival Hunter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Hunter    Survival Hunter  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Hey there Denis,

Your application is not bad, though there is a room of improvement.

Progression wise: You lack a lot of progression in this tier. Seeing that you didn't even clear MSV on normal, that said, will you be able to put out the max dps possible from your class on a boss that you've never seen the appropriate encounter?

Another thing which kinda got me into thinking is that Delz had to get your attention on your gems. Your answer was that you simply left them there to fill out socket bonuses, well you could have at least gone for a purple or green gem which would have been a wiser choice rather then just "for the socket bonus". When you apply to a guild you should make sure that your character is in perfect condition therefore we will know that you know what you're doing and you're someone that we can rely on and not have to check your gear to make sure that you have the best gems possibles.

That's all from my side. An officer will review your application soon.

Good luck!
-Blazer

Back to top Go down
Mindfall

Survival Hunter  Empty
PostSubject: !   Survival Hunter  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Ofcourse I wouldnt be able to perform as good DPS wise on any given encounter, as someone who has already downed it, but I would be able to come as prepared as possible, and in a matter of a few downs, I would be able to perform just as good as any other player. I think you misunderstood my Gem answer, those 2 gems were the best choice for me, when I placed em, I dont just throw in random gems for the socket bonus!
Back to top Go down
Clayton

Clayton

Survival Hunter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Hunter    Survival Hunter  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi Denis, thank you for your application. The officers will review it and we'll come back to you as soon as we can.

/Clayton
Back to top Go down
Gothia

Gothia

Survival Hunter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Hunter    Survival Hunter  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi!
You loose a lot being that much above both hit and expertise cap. You could reforge hit on belt and/or legs instead of removing mastery and haste. You could as well replace the gems in your belt to agility seeing the socket bonus of 120 hit is not needed and you really shouldn't go for socket bonuses unless its at least 60 agility. I would also recommend getting another profession instead of skinning to really optimize your character. The glyph of pathfinding I guess you only use when you farm and do quests since there are better choices for raiding.

Good luck with your application!
Gothira
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Survival Hunter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Hunter    Survival Hunter  Empty

Back to top Go down

Survival Hunter
Page 1 of 1