Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Hello and welcome to Anguish.
Contact Thisisaknife or Clatone for help.
Anguish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anguish

Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Declined] Disc / holy priest application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Osheri

[Declined] Disc / holy priest application  Empty
PostSubject: [Declined] Disc / holy priest application    [Declined] Disc / holy priest application  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:11 am

Basic Information

Name: Matthew

Sex: Male

Nationality: British / Greek

Raid Related Information

Available raid times, how do you feel about extending raids? : Extending raids is never a problem with me, in fact whenever we are about to down a boss but time is running out ill always call out on vent in my current guild to extend the raid.

Character name: Osheri

Class/Spec: disc / holy priest

Played time (main char): only 20 days on my priest as I started playing it end of cata

Armory Link (make sure you are in PvE gear) : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Osher%C3%AD/simple
The legs i am using are shadow as I was shadow before I changed to healing role.

Character History

Previous Guilds - Why did you leave? go into details!: I have been an officer of aztecs on alakir for about 2 years now. We once had a good team, full of people that wanted to do well, people passionate about ranking amongst other semi hardcore guilds. With the release of MOP half of our raiders left and we were forced to recruit. The people we recruited however were not the same as before. I was very determined to help my guild but at the moment, we are only raiding once or twice a week due to people slacking and not signing. This sort of attitude just puts me off and I am having to leave the guild I once enjoyed being a part of.

Previous Raiding Experience (Write down all your previous experience not just the latest content)?

BC:
Karazhan, ssc, magtheridons, gruuls cleared.

Wotlk:
All cleared apart from ulduar when I took a break from wow.
Icc 10m - 12/12n 7/12 hc

Cataclysm:
BWD 5/6hc
BoT 4/4n 2/4hc
ToFw 2/2hc
FL 6/7hc several phase 3 attempts on rag hc until people got bored ><
DS 6/8 hc pre nerf then quit raiding as I was finishing my degree at Uni.

MoP:
Mogushan vaults 6/6n 1/6hc
Heart of Fear 3/6 with a few 20 % wipes on 4th due to people stepping in bombs... yes bombs.
No terrace yet due to no HoF clear

When did you start playing your character?: I started playing my priest as my main in MoP, however I have raided as a healer in previous tiers with great ranks of even 15th in the world.

Please write a detailed list of your current alts and their armory links:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Osh%C3%A9ri/simple My warlock i raided on in cataclysm. As a dps I ranked on every fight in DS in top 200.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Osheri/simple My paladin I ranked 15th on halfus heroic early cata. I also attended alt raids with Apex from alakir which is currently 5th in the world rankings and did 5/8 heroic DS on in 2 weeks of raiding.

Technical

Do you have Ventrilo and a microphone? Yes

Internet Connection (this is not a yes/no question..) ? 50mb/s virgin media broadband

Hardware? Feel free to add specs: Gugabyte motherboard z68A, xfx radeon 6850, corsair 600w power supply, i5 2500k sandy bridge cpu overclocked to 4.1ghz, 16 gb of corsair vengeance ram, LG flatron wide screen.

Ul-screenshot, (https://imgur.com/) (link):
http://postimage.org/image/vnq3tqag7/ note this is from my laptop as My pc has a hardware fault that will shortly be fixed. Ui is similar but a better organised.

Other

How do you prepare for raids?: I am always 30 mins early at least. I bring flasks and I am a potion master so I ask anyone in my team if they need pots made. I supply the raid with feasts too.

Do you know anyone in the guild? No

Do you use keybindings (list them if you do)?:
1 pennance
2 greater heal
3 prayer of healing
4 cascade
5 power infusion
6 mass dispell
x dispell
q pws
e pom
f spirit shell
r holy fire / smite macro
aq PS
af Hymn
ar flash heal
ae mindbender
a1 PWB
a2 leap of faith
a3 fade
g goblin jump
t archangel
se void shift

Please explaine your playstyle(Rotation / Prio list):
pws on someone that will take damage for the rapture proc. I usually try to time this using ICD trackers with spirit procs from trinkets and other enchants etc. If raid healing I will poh the groups throwing a pennance on the boss on cd along with smite macro for evangelism stacks when there is downtime. Mind bender used on CD. I will use my Hymn when I have mindbender up as to get the maximum amount of mana back. Pain suppression a tank when heavy damage occurs. Before big raid damage such as the cleaves on blade lord I will spirit shell and stack 250k shields on each group as to mitigate as much damage as possible. Cascade is used on cooldown. Power infusion is a great cd for big raid damage. Pwb great raid cd used on rotation with other healers cooldowns. Always prepared to void shift a tank if he drops below 15-20%

How do you keep updated on your class changes and theorycrafting?:
How to priest is a great site that has detailed guides and theorycrafting. Their members are great. I also open mmo champ every day and actively contribute to the community and read up on any class changes.

What do you think is important for maintaining a good guild and how do you approach this?: Being on time for raids, if you make a mistake on a boss learn from it and improve next time you pull. A friendly environment is great, when people are in a good mood they will often play better. Aim for good semi hardcore guild ranks. Push for the best ranks u can get even though you only raid 3 times a week.

Why do you want to join Anguish?: I am looking for a guild that will offer me the same I offer them. In the guild i am currently in this is definitely not happening. I am putting in so much effort that I feel there is no point in helping people that will not take things seriously. I would love to be a part of your team and I believe your progress and raid times and days feel just right for me.

Anything else you want to share with us? If you felt we missed something in the template, tell us here!:

I have some logs from our previous raids. I pulled 72k hps on blade lord but wol only counted me at 48k, strange as even though wol usually takes 10% off this parse would have ranked me first for disc priests. I also ranked on garalon which we 2 healed.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0q651h6csxsr0ij1/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d3osge56j6gmqjog/

Thank you for taking the time to read my application,

Best wishes,
Osheri
Back to top Go down
Reeplay

Reeplay

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Disc / holy priest application    [Declined] Disc / holy priest application  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:40 am

Greetings Matthew, thanks for the application, we will be looking into it, and give you an answer as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Nivada

Nivada

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Disc / holy priest application    [Declined] Disc / holy priest application  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Your application seems good enough, I only got a few questions for you. Why don't have Fear Ward bound, which is very important, specially this tier. You also are using Windsong on your weapon instead of Jade Spirit, any particular reason for this?

Other than that, everything else seems fine. Good luck : )
Back to top Go down
osheri

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Disc / holy priest application    [Declined] Disc / holy priest application  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 pm

I have not done empress yet Smile so thats the reason Im not really using fear ward. Also its a 3 min cd that I would probably just use once or twice and that once being before the pull. As for the enchant, I was hoping to get at least the 489 version of the scepter to enchant with Jade spirit. With the amount of weapons priests can use I just felt like it was a waste of 10k gold at the point when I should have something better in a few days. Another reason is that on the fights we are doing now, I barely go under 25% mana thus making the mastery proc better, however im sure for later progress jade will be a must. But you are absolutely right about asking me Smile
Back to top Go down
osheri

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Disc / holy priest application    [Declined] Disc / holy priest application  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down
osheri

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Disc / holy priest application    [Declined] Disc / holy priest application  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 pm

My wep is also upgraded now to 489 version and jade spirit
Back to top Go down
Reeplay

Reeplay

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Disc / holy priest application    [Declined] Disc / holy priest application  EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 am

Greetings, unfortunately we can't offer you a raiding spot in the core team, so we have to decline you.

Thank you for showing interest in Anguish, and good luck finding a new guild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Disc / holy priest application    [Declined] Disc / holy priest application  Empty

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Disc / holy priest application
Page 1 of 1